Using your crystals: There is no right or wrong way to use your crystals. Each one is set with a different intention and job to do for you. Hold each stone as you read it’s description and visualize how it can help you. If you feel more drawn to any stones, you may be needing their benefits the most at that time. The quick descriptions on the next page are just a small guide, but if you look deeper into each crystal’s properties, you will find they do so much more than what is listed!
Using your crystals is really about doing whatever feels right, it is all about intention. Some ways others like to use them are making grids, keeping on a shelf/windowsill, on a night stand, or under your pillow, holding during meditating or manifesting, carrying in your pocket, placing on your body, making jewelry to wear them, keeping in your car, putting in the soil of your favorite plant, putting out in the full moon to clear or in a new moon to charge. I always bring mine to any high vibe events- yoga, meditations, awesome concerts, amazing hikes, I love to infuse them with those vibrations. Just listen to your intuition and you can’t go wrong.
If you are feeling like your stones could use a cleansing or recharging (maybe they have been around some heavy energy or its just time to reset their intentions) here are a few of my favorite methods-
Cleansing- use your favorite smoke, put out in the moonlight (full moon is my favorite for releasing), bury them, lay on a piece of selenite, sound bowls, put into running water (hard stones only, like quartz), or just a cleansing good mediation.
Charging- bring to high-vibe places and events, music, speaking, singing or breathing into it, short time in sunlight or near fire, moonlight, activate in a grid, or keep nearby for a charging meditation
Crystal Cheat Sheet – *Always Updating*
- Amazonite: This stone is connected to the heart chakra and helps to soothe emotional trauma and alleviate worry and fear. It enhances loving communication on all levels and balances out masculine and feminine energies. Amazonite is a supportive stone and will aid in lonely times as well as help relationships to be happier by increasing compassion. It is also known as the “gambler’s stone” and encourages luck, good fortune and success!
- Amethyst: ”The Master Stone” Helps open up your 3rd eye to amplify your intuition and increase psychic abilities. Promotes focus and enhances memory, so it’s great to hold when making a decision or trying to memorize something. It is a calming stone which makes it perfect for relaxing and keeping nearby while you sleep to promote good dreams. Amethyst will help to clear long-held anger, fear and resentment from your mind. Also helps with psychic protection, soothing sadness and grief, healing and to ease headaches!
- Angel Aura Quartz: This stone has a heavenly essence that can bring purity and cleansing to the mind and auric field. It carries a loving and sweet energy that aids in compassionate communication. The tranquil energy of this stone is useful in communication with angels, spirits, and other divine teachers. This soft crystal is one of the best to use when we are feeling down, lonely, and unloved. Angel aura helps to lift our spirit and transform and negativity by elevating our vibration.
- Angelite: This stone connects to the throat and crown chakras. Angelite raises the state of conscious awareness and facilitates contact with your angels, spirit guides, and higher-self. It enhances psychic healing, telepathic communication, and enables astral travel and spirit journeys. Because of its ability to deepen attunement and heighten perception, Angelite is a powerful stone for healers. Angelite supports the throat, alleviating inflammation and balancing the thyroid and the parathyroids.This airy stone is closely related to the zodiac sign of Aquarius. Work with this stone and let your guides know what you are trying to manifest and they will deliver it to your greatest and highest good.
- Aquamarine: The calming energy of aquamarine helps to reduce stress and quiet the mind. It is the stone of courage and protection, its soothing energy makes it the perfect companion through life’s journeys. This stone is connected to the throat chakra and will bring clarity to communication and thoughts. Aquamarine will help open the intuitive mind, bridging our connection to our higher consciousness.
- Aventurine: Connected to the heart chakra and promotes love and healing. When holding this green stone, think ABUNDANCE! This crystal draws in good luck, success, opportunities, and abundance not just financially but emotionally as well. This is my favorite crystal to hold while I am manifesting and wanting to attract positive energy. Green Aventurine settles nausea and helps alleviate pain caused by ear infections
- Bismuth: Bismuth helps to align all of the chakras and promotes travel between the physical plane and the astral and spirit realms. You can use it to help with visualization during a shamanic journey. It is a stone of structure and foundation but also encourages transformation and change. You can keep bismuth by your door as a protective amulet.
- Bloodstone: Bloodstone is connected to the root chakra and is an excellent blood cleanser and a powerful healing stone. It heightens intuition and increases creativity. It is grounding and protecting. Bloodstone draws off negative environmental energy, helping to overcome influences such as geopathic or electromagnetic stress.
- Blue Lace Agate: Connects to the throat chakra and the elements of water and air. Blue Lace Agate is a harmonious and purifying protective stone. It has a soothing and healing energy and is a powerful throat and lung healer. It assists with self-expression, clarity, and truth, and is a great nurturing and supportive stone.
- Carnelian: The self-care stone! This orange stone is connected to the sacral chakra and promotes happiness and pleasure. It is great to keep nearby when you need a boost in self-love. This fun and fiery stone activates joy, creativity and sexuality and will boost your vitality and confidence. It is also said to help speed up metabolism. Keep it nearby when you need some playful energy!
- Cedar & Yellow Sinuata Bundle: Burn this bundle to clear any stagnant energy and bring a sweet and positive vibe into your home. Carefully light the end of this bundle and go through all of the corners, doors, and windows of your home. Let the smoke blow out the open windows along with any unwanted energy. As you go around the home with this bundle, send gratitude and love and any other positive intentions along with the smoke. Cedar has been used in spiritual practices since ancient times for blessing rituals and is known as the evergreen of life. Yellow Sinuata brings vitality, strength, balance, and protection. The best way to put out this bundle is to place it in a glass/heat safe jar with a lid.
- Chalcedony: Chalcedony is a nurturing stone that helps promote unity and absorbs negative energy. This crystal balances the chakras and brings harmony to the mind, body, and spirit. It is a stone of emotional balance and optimism. It also helps bring calmness to our lucid states, easing nightmares and other unconscious distress. Physically, chalcedony will help to decrease inflammation.
- Chevron Amethyst: A combination of amethyst “The Master Stone” and amplifying quartz. This stone will help to increase psychic abilities and intuition. It promotes focus and enhances memory, so it’s great to hold when making a decision or trying to memorize something. It is a calming stone which makes it perfect for relaxing and keeping nearby while you sleep to promote good dreams. Also helps with psychic protection, soothing sadness and grief, healing, pain management and easing headaches!
- Citrine: “Red bull in crystal form!” This is a high vibe stone that never needs to be charged. It is connected to the solar plexus chakra and is full of positive energy and motivation. It is sunshine on a cloudy day! Another great stone for attracting abundance and manifesting your goals. This crystal will help boost your endurance and is said to aid in digestion.
- Emerald: This powerful, loving stone is connected to the heart chakra and promotes loyalty and unconditional love. Emeralds have an effect not only on the emotions but the physical heart as well. It is also known as “the stone of successful love” and helps to open and nurture the heart and bring vitality to the spirit. This is the crystal to work with if you want to insure security in love.
- Enhydro Agate: This stone brings the perfect balance between the elements of earth and water. It is a stone of ancient healing and wisdom. It is very rare and has a unique frequency which makes their healing and cleansing capabilities more potent.
- Fluorite: Stimulates concentration and intuition. Enhances mental clarity and stability, as the gemstone activates both heart and third eye chakras. Cleanses and stabilizes the aura. Can quicken spiritual awakening. Protects against psychic manipulation, dissolves illusions and reveals the truth. Helps absorb new information and promotes quick thinking.
- Garnet: Garnet cleanses and re-energises the chakras, with extra attention to the root and heart chakras. It is believed since ancient times to have medicinal and detoxifying effects on the body. This is a lucky and supportive stone and will help to balance serenity and passion. Garnet is also known as the stone of commitment and devotion.
- Hematite: One of the most protective and grounding stones, hematite has a lot of physical benefits. This stone is said to ease pain and discomfort and resolve disorders of the brain as well as surgery related pains. Wearing hematite as a pendant helps in purifying your cells and strengthening them. Connected to the root chakra, this stone will also help with grounding and it’s magnetic nature is great for manifesting.
- Howlite: Helps with insomnia and an overactive mind. Howlite strengthens memory and encourages patience. It helps to calm communication and facilitate awareness and emotional expression. This stone is connected to the crown chakra and will help with mediation, past life recall, and interdimensional communication.
- Kyanite: This is one of the most powerful stones to work with if you are looking to enhance your healing and psychic abilities. It bridges the throat and third eye chakras to increase communication and intuition and also helps to align all of the other chakras. Kyanite helps to dispel any blockages and balance yin and yang energies.
- Labradorite: Clears and opens all of your chakras with an extra connection to the third eye. Develops and stimulates intuition, spiritual power, and psychic gifts. Removes psychic debris from previous disappointments. A stone of transformation and new beginnings. Great for manifesting..
- Lapis Lazuli: This stone is connected to the throat chakra and encourages self-awareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth. It is a powerful stone for activating the higher mind and stimulating wisdom and good judgement. Lapis Lazuli will not only bring clarity to your energy but will also enhance your ability to turn inward and uncover your truth, making it an incredible crystal for anyone seeking a deeper connection to self.
- Larvikite: Also known as black labradorite and black moonstone, Larvikite is connected to the root chakra and is a grounding and protective stone. It is a cleansing stone that promotes our connection to earth and helps connect with the spirits of nature. It enhances our psychic abilities and it’s protective nature makes it great for shadow work.
- Lepidolite: Known as “the stone of transition”, Lepidolite helps to gently ease us through transitions and changes. It brings emotional soothing and healing and activates the throat, third eye, and crown chakras. This stone relieves depression, exhaustion and aids in the relief of tension. If you have been experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions, turn to lepidolite as your emotional anchor.
- Lodalite: “The Shaman Stone” Helps one go deep within themselves for shadow work and self discovery. It is a type of quartz with unique inclusions, every stone is different. The scenes inside can resemble garden scapes, underwater scenes, the universe.. Connect with your stone and see what it shows you. Gazing into this stone is said to bring a cosmic shift of consciousness and will harmonize the higher vibrational energies around you. This is a very powerful journeying stone.
- Malachite: This is a manifestation stone that stimulates the heart chakra. It opens up the heart to unconditional love and compassion and teaches how to take responsibility for one’s actions. Malachite helps to balance mood swings, release past traumas, and bring acceptance and peace. It is also said to help boost the immune system. The shapes formed from the banding on the stone were believed in ancient times to protect against the “Evil Eye” and enhance visionary powers.
- Mookaite Jasper: Mookaite is the “Aboriginal Mother Earth Stone” with nurturing energy that brings peace and a feeling of wholeness. It helps us with decision making, especially during difficult times. This is an empowering and positive stone that connects to the lower 3 chakras and will increase one’s personal power and awaken one’s natural instincts in knowing the correct direction to take.
- Moonstone: Aligns and activates all chakras with a special connection to the crown. This stone helps open up the channels to the spirit world and other dimensions. It embodies the feminine wisdom and divine goddess energy of the moon and its cycles. Stimulates emotional balance, intuition, harmony, and channeling. Heals old emotional wounds. Cleanses the mind and senses. Promotes optimism and brings forth peace and tranquility as well as personal growth and new beginnings.
- Net Jasper: This stone is also called zebra or spiderweb jasper and it truly works like a web to catch any of your manifestations. If you are calling in a relationship, this will help you to attract like minded people who become loyal, and also helps to renew lost relationships. This stone will assist in the transformation of relationships of all kinds. Because of the black and white color, it has a very balancing and zen, yin & yang energy to help soothe your energy and frayed nerves.
- Obsidian: This powerful, protective stone offers valuable help against emotional negativity. It promotes inner strength and clarity of the mind. The frequency of this stone will help ease depression and anxious feelings. This stone will form a shield against negativity and block psychic attacks. It draws out mental stress and tension and stimulates growth on all levels.
- Palo Santo: Comes from an ancient, mystical tree, also known as “Holy Wood”. Burning a Palo Santo stick for a minute or two will create a pleasant, soothing fresh smoke that will clear your space of negative energy and fill the air with positive energy. To amplify the effect, put a positive intention into the smoke before cleansing yourself, or space around you. To burn, carefully light one end and gently blow the flame out once the end is burning orange. The best way to put palo santo out is to place it in a glass/heat safe jar with a lid.
- Peacock Ore: Also known as Bornite or Chalcopyrite, Peacock Ore is a powerhouse stone! This stone helps to heal, align, and attunes you to all of the rays of light. It facilitates “outer realm” magic such as astral travel and achieving the state of no mind. It also has the unique ability to help you find lost or missing object.
- Prehnite: This is connected to the heart chakra and is the stone to “heal the healer”. If you are an empath, energy worker, or just someone who works closely with others, this is a great crystal to connect with to revitalize your own energy. Prehnite helps to calm the environment and brings peace and protection. It is helpful for decluttering and healing physically as well as emotionally and spiritually. If you look closely at your stone you may see small black needles going through, which is tourmaline (added grounding and protection), as well as darker green, metallic looking flecks, which is epidote- which enhances the energy of any stone it touches and brings on personal power.
- Pyrite: This is an awesome stone for grounding, protection, and manifestation. It is connected to the root and solar plexus chakras. Hold it in one hand and another crystal in the other during mediation to create a circuit and amplify your intentions. Pyrite is full of motivational energy and confidence. Can help with procrastination and inflammation. I love this in the center of a manifestation grid to help draw in any intentions!
- Quartz: Clear quartz is highly prized for its ability to clear the mind of negativity to enhance higher spiritual receptiveness. It is connected to the crown chakra and is considered the master of all healing crystals due to its ability to magnify or amplify healing vibrations of other crystals.
- Rainbow Obsidian: Rainbow Obsidian was formed when lava once cooled at different times, and captured Magnetite nanoparticles within these layers. The Magnetite nanoparticles cause multicolored iridescence that shines bright when any light hits it. This stone activates our root chakra and pulls us back down to earth. It can be used to help heal a broken heart and support someone in grief. It is a stone that will hold you when you need it most.
- Red Jasper: Also known as the “Supreme Nurturer”, this is an incredibly supportive and grounding stone. It will help you get through difficult times and boost your courage and confidence. This is an excellent stone for anyone dealing with depression, helping them learn to accept and appreciate the present moment.
- Rhodonite: This is a supportive stone of compassion and emotional balancing. It is connected to the heart chakra and will help to clear away emotional wounds and scars from the past as well as nurture love and heal emotional shock and panic. Meditate with the Rhodonite crystal and go deep within to clear away old patterns and uncover the true passions of your heart.
- Rose Quartz: “Giant hug in crystal form” Rose Quartz connects to the heart and crown chakras and will amplify your self-love and openness to receive love from others. Hold this when you are needing a hug, soothing, or some healing. Helps balance emotions and attract emotional fulfillment in whatever form your heart desires. This stone will help you when you are experiencing a lot of pain and need emotional healing. Rose quartz also brings in our angels and loved ones on the other side for their support, so think of them when you hold it.
- Rutilated Quartz: This stone can clear energy blockages from all of the chakras and attune one to their divine purpose. It puts off an exceptionally high level of energy and is said to bring physical and mental balance and stability and can help strengthen your will. The rutiles inside are often called “The Hairs of Venus”.
- Selenite: The highest vibration of all of the crystals. I call this one the “magic eraser” because it will clear all negative and chaotic energy and never needs to be cleansed itself. I keep this one in all of my windows to keep the bad vibes out. It is connected to the crown chakra and helps to clear the mind and accesses angelic consciousness and higher guidance
- Shungite: “The miracle stone” Shungite is connected to the root chakra and protects against EMF and general negative energy. It is grounding and healing and enhances ancient spirit connection and centers one’s energy to the core of mother Earth. This is a great calming stone for anxiety, stress, and worry.
- Smoky Quartz: “Sage smoke in crystal form”. A grounding stone connected to the root chakra that helps you move on from painful memories from the past. Protects from and dispels negative energies. Tell it what you need to let go and clear it under the full moon to release. Smoky Quartz disperses fear and lifts depression and negativity. It brings emotional calmness, relieving stress and anxiety. It also helps to heal nerves and headaches. Smoky Quartz is also said to cleanse and purify bodily fluids and their functionality.
- Sodalite: Connection to the throat chakra, this stone opens up your communication and clarity. It will help give you the confidence to speak up. It helps to strengthen your self-worth and self-esteem and helps to release old mental conditioning. A double healing gemstone, sodalite can cleanse your blood and help you see the true reality around you. Sodalite is the stone of peace. If communication needs to be boosted, this is a great stone to keep out in your space to help the energy flow more cearly.
- Sunstone: This Crystal is connected to the sacral chakra and brings fire and inspiration into our lives. It is a stone of vitality, creativity, joy, and independence. It is great to work with when you are needing that extra spark in your life. I also love using this to balance out the feminine energy when working with moonstone.
- Tektite: These stones are formed from meteorite impacts and because of the extraterrestrial origins, they are associated with cosmic energy and help to facilitate communication with otherworldly realms. They are great meditative tools that help expand the consciousness into higher frequencies.
- Tiger’s Eye: Think of Rocky Balboa when holding this stone, “Eye of the tiger!”. This *power stone* is connected to the solar plexus chakra and promotes strength, courage, confidence, and will power. It provides protection, eases anxiety, and focuses the mind and helps with problem solving. Also great for healing stomach and gut issues. This is the “power boost” stone!
- Tourmaline: Tourmaline is connected to the root chakra and will absorb any negative energy before it can get to you. It is extremely protective and grounding. If you are experiencing anxiety or depression or just stuck in your head, hold the tourmaline on your forehead to help instantly ground you and bring you back to earth. Keep it by your bed to protect your thoughts and dreams. It also helps balance the brain and releases tension. I keep this one all around me and wear lots of tourmaline jewelry. I call this one “Xanax in crystal form” since it is so grounding!
*Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any crystals you’d like to see added to this list. We are always updating it.
**Crystals are not meant to be used in place of actual medical care and science. Please always seek help of a professional first and use the crystals to amplify the intentions.